How to Build a Strategy for Hiring the Best Web Designer
Having the best website design has become imperative for every business seeking the power of digital space to grow in a sustainable manner. With the explosion of digital content, the time-starved buyers are becoming increasingly selective for what they are viewing and what they want. More than 73% of online shoppers say that content must be displayed well on all their devices. 66% of users say that they prefer viewing the required information beautifully designed rather than in a simple way. Almost 88% of people use multi-screens. Therefore, you need a business website that could address all the diverse concerns of the target audience so that they could stay on your website longer and trust the brand.
Reasons to Invest Best in Web Designing
Every business has a budget for each task, and hiring a website designing and development company is also the one. The website cost highly depends upon its features and functionalities but you need to invest in best capacity because it is going to be an asset for ever. How can you justify the investment when technology is ever-evolving? Here are seven reasons that will help you justify the stretched investment:
- You get more credibility
- Your business website works for 24-7 hrs with no labor cost
- Attracts new customers
- website conveniences the potential buyers
- Website crushes the geographic boundaries
- Helps you know and serve your customers
- Supports for branding
|· 38% of intended buyers drift away from a website if the layout or content is unattractive (Adobe).|
· “88% of visitors are less likely to return back to a website after having a bad experience (Gomez report).
· Judgment about a brand or business repute is 75% biased with website design (Stanford).
17 Must-Have Website Features To Compete In 2021 And After:
- Search engine-friendly structure
- Visual content & images with a precise description
- Organized menu/navigation
- Interactive and Engaging Design
- Responsive Website Design
- Voice Search optimized designing
- Content Management System (CMS)
- CTA, or call to action
- Customer reviews/ testimonials
- Live chat
- Website Footer
- Social media icons
- Contact information of all the setups
- Knowledgebase or FAQ
What to Focus While Hiring a Web Designer:
OK, now you know how much you can invest in getting the best possible and what the features and functionalities you need at least to be competitive in the future. Now, you have your own vision about the website designing; the next task is to hire the best web designer. Here you have two options – hire a freelancer for cost-saving or hire the dedicated web designer/s from a reputed web designing company at a little bit higher cost but with multiple advantages. I suggest approaching a website design and development agency with the intention to hire the best professionals because it is an investment for long-term achievement. Following are ten areas to focus while hiring the web designer:
- Review Web Designer’s Web Design Portfolio/Work: Reviewing the concerned designer’s portfolio and current web design works is a smart way to determine the professional capabilities and suitability to your requirements.
- Referrals: Referrals from the businesses, whose websites you like the most, are the best source to shortlist the web designing agencies. The web designing companies also get testimonials from satisfied clients; you can contact those clients also to confirm their experience.
- Technical Ability: Every business needs are different; therefore, one web development platform can’t be good for all. The hired professional or agency must have proven capability to offer the web development services in for different technologies like Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails, Angular, Webix, Material UI, Montage, Cascade, etc.
- CMS Development Capability: Today, businesses are expected to serve the latest and unique information to their target audience for more engagement. You must have freedom and comfort to update the content anytime without involving the web professional every time. Choosing the right CMS platform of your choice is must, and your web designer must be capable to incorporate it in web design. Your options may be WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, HubSpot, Squarespace, etc.
- Experience: If you want the best, you need the best-experienced professionals who could understand your requirements, preferences, business nature, expansion plan, marketing strategy, budget constraints, etc besides charting out the most feasible web designing strategy even with more promising changes. The clientele and profile give you a fair idea about the exposure and experience of the web design company.
- Support: Even the best-designed business website may need changes, expansion, migration, maintenance, etc. You should evaluate the support model also to address the future requirements at a competitive cost and at the earliest.
- Promotional Support: Just having the best web design may not deliver the expected results because of increasing competition in a digital marketplace where businesses are embracing the new tactics to perform better and better. The hired agency must be capable to support at all the promotional domains like SEO, local SEO, PPC, SMO, ORM, etc.
Eight Questions You Should Ask Web Designer Before Hiring:
- Can you provide examples of websites created for businesses like mine?
- How many years are you doing website designing?
- What is the related qualification?
- Will you create a fully customized website for me or will customize an existing template/theme?
- Should I provide the content or you have in-house copywriters?
- Will you provide complete backup files of a created website?
- Do you have an in-house facility also for the creation of ads, logos, images, and videos, etc?
- Do you have backup support for on the timely completion and to accommodate last-minute changes if I ask?
While hiring the website designing and development agency to deliver features and functionalities enriched website, you must focus on the current and future needs. Hiring an agency capable of multiple tasks like developing product-based landing pages helps you focus on other valuable tasks. Hiring a local or offshore web development agency maybe your options but the digital age has crushed the geographical boundaries provided you choose the best professionals interested in a long-term relationship.